University of Melbourne MD application timeline released
Great news! The University of Melbourne MD application timeline has been released!
Spring is a very important time of year for many OzTREKK students, especially for those who wish to study medicine, as it’s the time of year when Australian medical schools begin to accept applications!
If you’re interested in studying at one of the world’s top universities for medicine, you should consider applying to the University of Melbourne’s Doctor of Medicine program. Melbourne is ranked as the #1 university in Australia and #17 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)!
Admissions Timeline for 2018 Intake
- Prerequisite assessment deadline: June 21, 2018
- Application deadline: June 28, 2018
- Last date to sit MCAT for 2019 intake: June 2, 2018
- Last date to submit MCAT results: July 14, 2018
- Deadline to submit final transcripts: July 14, 2018
- Interview offers released: mid-August 2018
- Deadline to accept interview (online acceptance): August 18, 2018
- Interviews (via Skype): September 3 – 7, 2018
- Offers of admission begin to be issued: late-October 2018
- Deadline to accept offer or submit deferral request: November 9, 2018
- Deadline to meet any conditions of offer: November 9, 2018
- Enrollment deadline for unconditional offered applicants: December 6, 2018
- Enrollment deadline for conditional offered applicants: January 13, 2019
- First day of class: January 28, 2019
About the Melbourne Doctor of Medicine Program
The University of Melbourne MD is a four-year, graduate-entry medical program that builds on the university’s reputation for excellence in teaching and research. It enables students to become outstanding medical practitioners who will excel as world-class leaders in their chosen field.
The MD includes one year of bioscience foundation learning, six months of full-time research and two and a half years of clinical training in university-affiliated hospitals, clinics and GP surgeries. A yearly student conference will be a distinguishing feature of the Melbourne MD and provide opportunities for broader disciplinary and inter-disciplinary learning. The teaching, student conference and assessment program is about 40 weeks per year.
Program: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: June 28, 2018
Entry Requirements for the Melbourne MD Program
To apply to the Melbourne MD, eligible Canadian applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) with a minimum of 492, or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT).
The selection of eligible international applicants is based on the following:
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results on MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT exams from January 2016 to June 2, 2018 will be accepted for those applying for the 2019 intake.
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)