|University Location||Perth, Western Australia|
|City Population||2.1 million|
|Int'l Student Population||4,500|
|Program Duration||3 years|
|Estimated Annual Tuition||$43,200 AUD (2020 fees; subject to increase)|
|Next Available Intake||February 2021|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2020*|
UWA’s Law School is Western Australia’s oldest law school and the fifth oldest in Australia. Established in 1927, the school developed very close relationship with the legal profession which continues to this day. UWA Law School is also ranked in the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019: Law.
As a UWA law student, you will have the opportunity to participate in several mooting competitions including the prestigious Jessup International Moot. UWA’s Jessup Moot teams have had remarkable success, representing Australia in the international rounds in 1995–1997, 2001–2003, 2005, 2009–2011 and 2013–2015. UWA won the international Jessup Cup in 2003 and was international runners-up in 1995 and 2002.
By choosing to study the JD at the University of Western Australia, you will
- benefit from UWA Law School’s long standing and deep links with the legal profession which contribute to consistently high rates of employment;
- learn from the very best of the legal profession and academic staff recognized nationally for excellence in teaching and research;
- participate in practical skill-building programs, including mooting (legal advocacy) competitions and internships;
- study and build lifelong friendships with a talented, diverse, and vibrant cohort of future leaders;
- enter the competitive graduate market with an edge, armed with both an undergraduate degree and the prestigious JD qualification.
The estimated time commitment for a standard full-time enrollment is approximately 46 hours per week (over 13 weeks) which includes contact hours, personal study and examinations.
The Blackstone Society is UWA’s law student society. The society focusses on the student experience on campus and runs a range of events across careers, equity, wellness, and competition portfolios. In addition, the Blackstone Society hosts a wide range of exciting and very popular social events as well as legal skill-building competitions in areas such as mooting, client interview, and witness examination.
Completed high school diploma
You must have a completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 5.5 on a 7.0 scale or above, across all completed university studies.
Admission will be awarded to the highest-ranked applicants who fall within the intake quota for that year.
*While the application deadline is January 31, 2020 for the February 2020 intake, you are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible.