The University of Sydney

Juris Doctor

Graduate

Details

University Location Sydney, New South Wales
City Population 5 million
Student Population 65,000
Int'l Student Population 10,600
Main Campus Camperdown / Darlington
Program Campus Camperdown / Darlington
Program Duration 3 years
Estimated Annual Tuition $49,000 AUD (2020 fees; subject to increase)
Semester Intake February
Next Available Intake February 2020
Application Deadline January 10, 2020*
International Places up to 55 (155 total)

Overview

Ranked #12 in the world for law (2019 QS World Rankings by Subject), Sydney Law School is Australia’s first. As one of the world’s leading law schools, University of Sydney law students learn from globally recognized legal educators and highly respected professional practitioners.

Program

The Sydney Juris Doctor (JD) is the University of Sydney’s graduate-entry law degree. It provides a world-class legal education that prepares you for the global and international environment in which you will provide legal advice.

A comprehensive, three-year qualification, the Sydney JD has an unrivalled international focus, drawing on Sydney’s faculty of leading academics and international adjunct faculty members, and its long tradition of engagement with international law and perspectives. As a Sydney law student, you will receive an education that equips you for the practice of law in a global, transnational and international marketplace for legal services.

Admission Requirements

Completed bachelor’s degree
You must have a completed undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of 65%  or above to apply.

You also have the option of submitting a high school transcript. The university would weigh 25% of your academic assessment based on your high school Grade 12 year and the remaining 75% would be based on your university studies.

 

Admission Timeline

*While the application deadline January 10, 2019, you are strongly encouraged to apply a minimum of six months in advance.