|University Location||North Ryde, New South Wales|
|City Population||5 million|
|Int'l Student Population||8,600|
|Main Campus||North Ryde|
|Program Campus||North Ryde|
|Program Duration||3 years|
|Estimated Annual Tuition||$41,200 AUD (2021 fees; subject to increase)|
|Next Available Intake||February 2022|
|Application Deadline||Rolling admissions*|
|International Places||variable (60 total)|
The Macquarie University Bachelor of Chiropractic Science—the longest-running in Australia—will prepare you for a rewarding career in one of the largest primary health professions. When you combine it with the Master of Chiropractic, you’ll be equipped to work in private practice, chiropractic sports medicine, allied health areas, health insurance assessment, medico-legal advising, work health and safety, rehabilitation and research.
- This course offers training in a wide range of diagnostic and chiropractic manipulative skills in the context of anatomical, physiological and biomedical sciences.
- It provides the prerequisite academic background to enable you to apply for entry into the Master of Chiropractic, which is required for professional registration within Australia and Canada.
- Macquarie’s Bachelor of Chiropractic Science and Master of Chiropractic were the first professional chiropractic degrees to be offered by a public university in the world.
- You’ll learn how to use a range of diagnostic tools, including patient interviews, physical examination and X-rays.
- Clinical placements form part of the degree, both in university teaching clinics and in structured visits to other facilities.
- You’ll have access to Macquarie’s world-class anatomy labs.
The Bachelor of Chiropractic Science is a three-year, full-time degree program, which covers a range of chiropractic diagnostic and manipulative skills on a background of anatomical, physiological and biomedical science studies. It is a prescribed program which provides a strong scientific foundation and includes units in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, histology and pathology.
For those students who do not have a significant anatomy background, the Macquarie Bachelor of Chiropractic Science degree provides a great pathway to the Master of Chiropractic.
The nature of chiropractic education is very “hands on” allowing you to gain more than just theoretical understanding of the discipline. Training rooms complete with modern equipment are accessible to all chiropractic students, even on weekends.
Benefits of chiropractic at Macquarie
- Smaller class ratio at approximately 1:10–12
- Macquarie has a 99% employment rate within 6 months for domestic and international students
- 3-year degree, with internship
The Macquarie University Chiropractic Students Association (MUCSA) offers students many extracurricular activities, study support, as well as plenty of social events.
1. Completed high school diploma
You must have a high school high school diploma with Grade 12 English and a minimum GPA of 75% to be competitive. The following subjects are recommended: mathematics, chemistry, biology and physics at the high school level.
Alberta – calculated as an average of the final official mark for the best 4 examined Level 30 subjects including English Language Arts 30.
British Columbia – calculated as an average of final marks of the four best Grade 12 Ministry-developed subjects including English 12.
Ontario – calculated as an average of the six best Grade 12 subjects including English – ENG4U. Subjects must be designated with a U (university preparation), M (university/college preparation), or Z (university-delivered dual credit).
*Applications are assessed on a rolling-admissions basis. You are encouraged to apply as early as possible.