|University Location||North Ryde, New South Wales|
|City Population||5 million|
|Int'l Student Population||8,600|
|Main Campus||North Ryde|
|Program Campus||North Ryde|
|Program Duration||2 years|
|Estimated Annual Tuition||$32,000 AUD (2021 fees; subject to increase)|
|Next Available Intake||February 2021|
|Application Deadline||No set deadline*|
The Department of Educational Studies at Macquarie University is shaping the future of education through transformative learning and research. Macquarie’s strengths in stakeholder engagement and research ensures they are leading the way and enriching the lives of those who graduate, as well as the students who are the eventual recipients of all that you will accomplish on campus.
The Macquarie School of Education’s Master of Teaching (Primary or Secondary) focuses on evidence-based learning and teaching that has a positive impact on student learning and well-being.
- The Master of Teaching is characterized by a passionate commitment to education and has been designed to be innovative and flexible.
- This degree has a strong focus on diversity, inclusive education, and critical and creative thinking, and your learning and research will be technology supported and engaged.
- As leaders in educational research and classroom practice, our academic staff will help you develop effective knowledge and strategies, and be well prepared for your teaching career.
- During your professional experience placements, you’ll be mentored by classroom teachers and you’ll benefit from strong relationships with Macquarie’s broad network of partner schools in New South Wales and in international settings.
- After you graduate, you’ll have access to ongoing professional learning and cutting-edge professional development through the Macquarie Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education.
- Macquarie is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the world for education (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018).
With a focus on evidence-based learning and teaching that has a positive impact on student learning and well-being, the Master of Teaching degree will support you to become responsive and ready to learn, and will enable you to gain the knowledge, skills and qualifications required to teach in primary or secondary schools or to work in associated fields such as curriculum planning, educational research and policy development.
This course provides a professional qualification for graduates seeking accreditation as primary teachers (kindergarten to Year 6). If you already have an undergraduate degree and are interested in primary education, this graduate-entry course will provide the skills and qualifications you need to teach in primary school or work in associated fields such as curriculum planning, educational research or policy development.
The Master of Teaching (Secondary) is for graduates who wish to pursue a professional secondary school (high school) teaching qualification. As part of this degree, you will have the opportunity to work in a school, where you will be mentored by an experienced classroom teacher.
Completed undergraduate degree
Applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree with a 65% average or above.
Completed undergraduate degree
Applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree with a 65% average or above with an appropriate academic major (or at least six undergraduate units of study) relevant to the following areas: economics and/or business studies, English, geography, history, languages, maths and/or science.
*While there is no strict application deadline for these programs, you are encouraged to apply at least three months prior to the program start date.