If its name does not say enough, the Gold Coast has more than 60 kilometers of beautiful beaches and a surf-town vibe with plenty of things to do. Located along the southeastern coast of Queensland, the Gold Coast has quickly grown from small a vacation destination to almost 700,000 residents.
With more than 300 days of sunshine, affordable living options and proximity to beautiful Brisbane, students adore studying in this coastal city.
- Over 300 days of sunshine
- No daylight savings
- Affordable living
The Gold Coast is home to a lovely sub-tropical climate with plenty of sunshine. The summers are hot and humid, and the winters are mild and dry.
Spring (September – November) 16°C to 25°C
Summer (December – February) 21°C to 28°C
Fall (March – May) 18°C to 25°C
Winter (June – August) 12°C to 21°C
Getting Around Gold Coast
Getting around the Gold Coast is a cinch with public transportation including buses, light rail and trains. You will need to purchase a GoCard to use both the buses and the light rail.
It may also be useful to buy a bicycle depending on where you choose to live since the weather will always be accommodating. There are many bike paths and bike lanes on the roads—additionally, it’s a great way to take in the scenery of the shore.
What to see and do in Gold Coast?
So what do OzTREKK students say?
Drive up and down the coast. There’s so much to see along the way.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Byron Bay.
- All the beaches on the Gold Coast have been amazing.
- Diving in the ocean is amazing, hiking and travelling to local islands to see kangaroos, koalas, and whales.
- Burleigh! Love the area, also Byron Bay. Check out all the markets, beaches, cafés—it’s endless!
- The Gold Coast is also amazing especially during winter. Lots of beaches everywhere.
- Hike in the hinterlands, visit the beach, go to a zoo, have a beer with Australians and find out about their customs.
- Fraser Island and Whitsundays.
- Australia Zoo!
- Scuba diving was amazing!
If you’re like us, you might enjoy those gorgeous travel blogs, interesting podcasts, and social media influencers who test things out to let you know if they’re worth the money.
Here are a few accounts to follow:
- For the tourist @goldcoast
- For the foodie @goldcoasteats
- For the farmer @bundallfarmersmarket
- For the outdoorsy-type @qldparks
- Take in the view of the stunning Gold Coast from the observation deck or the Skypoint Climb
- Adventure calls at Treetop Challenge
- Cuddle some new friends at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Learn to surf with Walking on Water
- All aboard! Whale watching will make for a Saturday well spent
- Eat alfresco at Burleigh Pavilion
- Shower under Twin Falls in Springbrook National Park
- Have a slice of pizza in the Miami Marketta (live music included!)
- Savour the gorgeous coastal views and gelato in Burleigh Heads National Park
- Remember theme parks? Find your inner child at Dreamworld, Sea World, Movie World, Wet ‘n’ Wild…. There are so many! Take your pick!
Ask A Question
Ask us about your program of interest, or if you have a question about our services.
CONTACT US TODAY