University of Melbourne application deadline
Have you applied to Melbourne Dental School or Melbourne Medical School? Please note that the application deadline for the 2015 intake is coming up in one week—June 23, 2014—but in order for your application and supporting documents to be submitted to the university on time, you are encouraged to submit your documents before 4 p.m. Friday, June 20, 2014.
Melbourne Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Program
Program: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February 2015
Duration: 4 years
To be eligible to apply for the Melbourne Dental School’s DDS program, eligible applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized international university within the past 10 years;
- completed prerequisite second-year subjects (one semester each) in human anatomy, human physiology and biochemistry (approved by Melbourne);
- completed an entrance examination: either the Canadian DAT, US DAT, or MCAT. Please note that the carving portion of the Canadian DAT is not required for Melbourne Dental School; however, if you have completed the carving section of the test, this score will be considered. Test scores will not be considered if the exam results are more than 2 years old. There is no minimum cutoff GPA or DAT score for this program; however, a high level of academic standard is required for entry.
Questions about studying dentistry? Contact OzTREKK’s Australian Dental Schools Admissions Officer Adam Smith at email@example.com.
Melbourne Doctor of Medicine (MD) Program
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT); and
- received an invitation by the University of Melbourne to sit a multi-mini interview (MMI).
The selection of eligible international applicants, including Canadians, will be based on the following:
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results in an aptitude test, MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT test results from January 2012 to May 2014 (inclusive) will be accepted for those applying for the 2015 intake. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range may choose which set of scores to include with their application
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)