Apply to the Sydney Physiotherapy School for 2016 intake
Applications for the 2016 intake of the University of Sydney’s Master of Physiotherapy program are now being accepted!
The University of Sydney offers a two-year graduate-entry Master of Physiotherapy program, which is intended for students coming from an undergraduate degree in a related field and who wish to gain the requirements to become a physiotherapist.
The University of Sydney Physiotherapy School aims to
- prepare graduates to become professional physiotherapists by providing them with the education to properly assess, diagnose and treat people with movement problems caused by a wide variety of joint, muscle and nerve disorders; and
- encourage the undertaking of research within the profession of physical therapy.
Program: Master of Physiotherapy
Location: Lidcombe, (suburb of Sydney), New South Wales
Duration: 2 years
Semester intake: February
Application deadline: TBC. For the 2015 intake, the application deadline was October 1, 2014.
To be eligible to apply, you must have the following:
1. Completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
2. Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 4.5, which the University of Sydney states is approximately equivalent to a credit average or better. A credit average at the University of Sydney is between a 65-74%. Your grades assessed for admission are based on your highest-ranked university degree.
3. Have completed undergraduate studies in the following prerequisite areas:
- human anatomy
- human physiology
- motor performance and learning
- research design and statistics
- measurement of human performance
- exercise physiology (desirable but not essential)
It is recommended that you apply for the Master of Physiotherapy program if you have achieved a minimum 65% cumulative average in your university studies. Please note that this is a minimum average to be eligible to apply. Students who have not yet completed an undergraduate degree may apply, as long as they will have graduated prior to commencing the Sydney MPT program.