Macquarie University moves up in global rankings
Macquarie University has moved up nine places to equal 254th according to the 2014/15 QS World University Rankings, released today, Sept. 16.
Although they publish the standings of only the top 400 universities, QS assesses more than 3,000 institutions worldwide on research, teaching, employability and international outlook.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor Corporate Engagement and Advancement Professor David Wilkinson said that while Macquarie’s strategic direction was not influenced by rankings, it was nonetheless pleasing to see the university’s global standing and reputation rise.
“Each of the major rankings systems measures different things, and each of their methodologies are controversial in their own way,” he explained. “However, as Macquarie continues on its trajectory to greater international prominence in research discovery, and in transformative teaching and learning, we expect to see many of these broad indicators reflecting that upward trend.”
In August Macquarie learned it had also moved up in the Academic Ranking of World Universities, where the university had improved by 26 places to 239th globally.
The third of the major international rankings—the Times Higher Education World University Rankings—will be released on October 1.
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a partial scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, the amount is varied up to AUD$10,000 and it will be awarded towards the commencement fee or reimbursed if fees already paid.
Priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Undergraduate
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Postgraduate
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Session 1, 2015 application deadline: January 31, 2015