Take your career worldwide with a Bond Occupational Therapy degree
Occupational therapy (OT) is a dynamic and diverse profession, enabling people and communities to overcome barriers imposed by illness, injury, disability, psychological impairment, developmental delay or the aging and dying process.
With a focus on functional outcomes, occupational therapists are practical problem solvers and have a broad perspective of health and well-being, underpinned by a solid scientific base. If this sounds like you, read on.
Bond occupational therapy students will have the opportunity to develop skills related to the specialist practice of occupational therapy through extensive professional practice placements in a variety of settings such as private practice, community and mental health services, aged care and hospitals. The program places a strong emphasis on practical experience, with 1,000 hours of practice education across various clinical contexts.All students will engage in advanced options such as research or business.
- Graduate in 2 years through postgraduate entry
- Offers a clinical research project or business electives to prepare for private and public practice settings
- Strong emphasis on practical experience with 1,000 hours of practice education across various clinical contexts
- Learn in small class sizes meaning a more personalised experience
Graduates of the program will be able to apply their experience across a wide range of areas:
- Private practice
- Public and private hospitals
- Independent living centres and rehabilitation facilities
- Schools and tertiary education
- Workplace health
- Community health centres
- Mental health services
- Aged care
Program: Master of Occupational Therapy
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Intakes: May and September each year
Duration: 2 calendar years (6 semesters)
Application deadline: No set deadline. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.