Apply to Macquarie Physiotherapy School for 2015!
The Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) at Macquarie University is the only three-year masters-level, professional-entry physiotherapy degree in New South Wales. The third year of study not only allows students to learn more advanced physiotherapy skills, but also makes them more employable as they will develop skills in business management, leadership and advocacy. During this course, students will develop the skills a physiotherapist needs (based on the best available evidence) to effectively assess, diagnose, treat and educate people across all ages with movement disorders.
- Combines coursework with supervised clinical placements (there are more than 1,000 hours of clinical practice)
- Offers a smaller cohort than most comparable courses; students receive far more interaction with staff
- Learn from leading physiotherapy academics and researchers, as well as expert clinicians
- Access to state-of-the-art and well-equipped specialised teaching facilities designed to simulate authentic clinical environments such as a rehabilitation gym and a clinic
- Develop management, business and leadership skills
Admissions Criteria/Entry Requirements for Canadians
1. Completion of a bachelor’s degree with about a 65% average or above. This is the minimum academic standing needed to apply and does not guarantee admissions. The starting point to a competitive average would be at least a 70% cumulative average or higher; however, competitiveness changes each year depending on the quality and quantity of each year’s applicants.
2. Prerequisite courses in the following areas:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology (Cell and Systems)
- Research Methods
The courses in the following subject areas are desired, yet not mandatory:
- Exercise physiology
- Motor learning and performance
Once entry requirements for each candidate have been met the following processes occurs:
- Candidates will be ranked on their academic merit based on their highest GPA for any tertiary qualification.
- Secondary level of consideration will be given to students who have completed desired tertiary units of study.
- The highest ranked candidates will be offered a place.