Griffith University Medical School in Australia
The Griffith University Medical School is known for its innovation and excellence in medical research and education.
The Griffith MD program is a four-year graduate-entry program. This is an extended master’s program. The program focuses on four major themes:
1. Doctor and Patient
2. Knowledge of Health and Illness
3. Doctor and Health in the Community
4. Doctor and Law, Ethics and Professional Practice
Through a combination of problem-based learning, small-group practical and clinical skills sessions, plus extensive clinical placements and considerable online support, Griffith MD students will develop the skills, knowledge and attributes necessary to succeed as an intern. Graduates will be caring and competent and have a fundamental understanding of the science of medicine.
Students will develop communication skills and learn about the art and science of medicine in its wider social and ethical context. The program comprises extensive clinical placements in health care facilities ranging from rural settings through to the new Gold Coast University Hospital. Students will also develop an understanding of the importance of lifelong learning, and learn how to be resourceful in seeking information and adapting to new technologies.
Program Overview – Doctor of Medicine
Admissions Criteria/Entry Requirements for Canadians
The Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at Griffith University Medical School is a graduate-entry program. As such, all applicants are to have completed or be in the final year of completing an undergraduate degree before they are eligible to apply for entry.
Applicants to the MD are encouraged from all degree backgrounds.
The medical selection criteria comprise three essential components:
1. Completion of a bachelor degree achieving an overall GPA of 5.00 or above on a 7-point scale
2. Performance in the Graduate Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT) or MCAT. Applicants must achieve a minimum score of 50 in each GAMSAT section; MCAT scores are required to be no more than two years old at the time of application and the minimum score for applications to be considered further is 8/8/8.
3. Performance in the Griffith University Multi-Station Admissions Assessment (GUMSAA).