Have you applied for your Griffith Medical School scholarship?
Have you received an offer to Griffith Medical School? Then you are invited to apply for a Griffith Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) Doctor of Medicine Scholarship!
This scholarship is for high-achieving students applying for the Doctor of Medicine program at Griffith University. This award is valued at $10,000 in total (two payments of $5,000 in the first year of the program).
Applications close Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018 (for January commencement). Winners will be notified by Dec. 14, 2018.
Can I apply?
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the university, for entry into the Doctor of Medicine by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Doctor of Medicine degree at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a personal statement addressing the three items listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship:
– Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
– Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and teamwork skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
– Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
That’s it! Are you ready to apply for this Griffith scholarship?