|University Location||Adelaide, South Australia|
|City Population||1.4 million|
|Int'l Student Population||5,100|
|Main Campus||Bedford Park|
|Program Campus||Bedford Park|
|Program Duration||4 years|
|Estimated Annual Tuition||$36,500 AUD (2023 fees; subject to increase)|
|Semester Intake||March & July|
|Next Available Intake||March 2024|
|Application Deadline||No set deadline*|
Technology and innovation are transforming almost every aspect of law and legal practice, creating new ways of working in new markets.
Future focused and outcomes driven, studying a Flinders Law degree delivers an exciting and innovative program that equips you with the mindset and skills to adapt and thrive in this changing legal landscape.
The Flinders law program provides the perfect balance between sound legal training, real-world experience, and future-ready skills. The program combines rigorous legal knowledge, practical and professional legal competencies, and the skills to successfully navigate the future—including creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
How Flinders Law School Ranks
- Five stars in Law & Paralegal Studies for overall educational experience and teaching quality. The Good Universities Guide 2022 (postgraduate).
- No.1 in South Australia in Law & Paralegal Studies for overall educational experience, skills development and teaching quality. The Good Universities Guide 2022 (postgraduate), public SA-founded universities only.
- No.1 in South Australia in Law & Paralegal Studies for student support. The Good Universities Guide 2022 (undergraduate), public SA-founded universities only.
In the Flinders Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice program, you will focus on professional legal skills and critical perspectives on the function of law in society. You will develop high-level communication, presentation, and teamwork skills in preparation for practicing law, or for future leadership roles in a range of educational and professional settings.
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce. You will
- study the practical legal topics required to be admitted to legal practice;
- undertake Work-Integrated Learning placements for practical legal topics; and
- get hands-on experience through Flinders’ Legal Advice Clinic.
The Flinders LLB & LP will
- provide you with sound training in law and legal skills;
- emphasize the acquisition on foundation legal skills through the integration of skills training with the teaching of substantive subjects;
- instill you with a desire for just outcomes, a broad outlook on law, and a commitment to ethical conduct; and
- help you to develop an innovation and entrepreneurial mindset to respond to 21st-century opportunities.
Flinders is the only South Australian university offering an integrated and accredited Laws and Legal Practice program so you can undertake your Practical Legal Training (PLT) topics as the final part of your degree, saving you time and money and allowing you to start practicing sooner.
The Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice may also be studied in conjunction with another bachelor’s degree, such as a Bachelor of Business. Please contact OzTREKK for more information about this option.
Additional Law Programs Available
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Criminology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Law and Society
Completed high school diploma
Completed high school diploma or partial completion of an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
*While there is no set application deadline, you are encouraged to apply at least 3 months prior to the program start date.