Macquarie Physiotherapy School application deadline is coming up!
Are you interested in becoming a certified physiotherapist? Turn your desire to help others into reality and apply now to Macquarie University’s Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) program—the Feb. 28, 2014 deadline is fast approaching!
The Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) at Macquarie University is offered through the Faculty of Human Sciences, which teaches courses and conducts research about people, investigating the how and why.
1. Completion of at least a bachelor’s degree with a GPA above 2.5/4.0, assessed on the highest GPA for any tertiary qualification.
2. Prerequisite courses in the following areas:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology (Cell and Systems)
- Research Methods
The courses in the following subject areas are desired, yet not mandatory:
- Exercise physiology
- Motor learning and performance
Applicants will be required to submit a list of completed prerequisite and desired units and their descriptors using the Doctor of Physiotherapy Supplementary Information Form. Contact OzTREKK’s Australian Physiotherapy Schools Admissions Officer Sarah Bridson for more information about this form!
Once entry requirements for each candidate have been met the following processes occurs:
- Candidates will be ranked on their academic merit based on their highest GPA for any university qualification.
- Secondary level of consideration will be given to students who have completed desired university units of study.
- The highest-ranked candidates will be offered a place in the Doctor of Physiotherapy.
There are a limited number of places available in the Doctor of Physiotherapy program and selection will be competitive; therefore, meeting eligibility criteria will not guarantee selection for admission.
Applications for the July 2014 intake are open. Applications will close Friday, February 28, 2014 Australia time, so please have your applications submitted to the OzTREKK office before Thursday, February 27, 2014 to ensure your application is submitted on time.