UQ physiotherapy application deadline is coming up soon!
Because of its November intake, UQ Physiotherapy has an earlier application deadline than most other programs. So this is just a friendly reminder that the application deadline is approaching soon—Tuesday, May 30!
UQ physio is definitely one of the most popular degrees undertaken by Canadian students. The Master of Physiotherapy Studies program introduces graduates to the profession of physiotherapy and its key concepts in intensive mode during an initial summer semester—end of November, since summer in Australia begins December 1. This degree focuses on developing core knowledge and skills in the areas of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiorespiratory and physiotherapy across the lifespan, and integrates this knowledge and skill and application of clinical reasoning in supervised clinical practice. The program also incorporates advanced training in clinical reasoning, independent research, and health management.
Program title: Master of Physiotherapy Studies
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Semester intake: November 2017
Program duration: 2 years
Application deadline: May 30, 2017, but candidates are strongly encouraged to have all application documents submitted prior to this deadline.
To be eligible to apply to, you must have
- completed an undergraduate degree (preferably in the fields of human kinetics/kinesiology or physical or biological sciences);
- have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your university studies; and
- completed the prerequisite subjects as follows:
– one full year, or two semesters, of human anatomy (including systems and musculoskeletal anatomy); and
– one full year, or two semesters, of human physiology (including systems and integrative physiology); and
– one semester of psychology;
– and one semester of statistics.