Upcoming Macquarie Doctor of Physiotherapy webinar
Are you interested in studying physiotherapy?
Great news! In order to the make the Doctor of Physiotherapy program more accessible to Canadian students, Macquarie University has increased the number of international seats from 5 to 20 and now does rolling admissions (no official deadline: first come, first served)!
We are also pleased to announce that Macquarie Physiotherapy Clinical Education and Student Support Manager Ms Angel Stark will be hosting a webinar for anyone interested in learning more about the Macquarie DPT program, the physio facilities and placements. Find out what makes a “happy Ange!”
Macquarie University Doctor of Physiotherapy Webinar
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Time: 7:30 p.m. (EST)
RSVP: For registration details, contact OzTREKK’s Australian Physiotherapy Schools Admissions Officer Jaime Notman at 1-866-698-7355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to check the time for your location? Check out Time Zone Converter.
About Physiotherapy Clinical Education and Student Support Manager Angel Stark
- Expertise in physiotherapy clinical education, teaching and learning and clinical work
- Joined Macquarie University in May 2012
- Previously employed at the University of Sydney as Lecturer in Physiotherapy (2001–2012)
- 22 years of experience as a clinician working in Australia in public, private and community health settings, mostly in the management of neurological conditions
- Her areas of sub-specialty are amputees, stroke and traumatic brain injury
- Passionate physiotherapy educator experienced in curriculum development of physiotherapy programs
- Academic responsibility for teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate and international physiotherapy programs and has qualifications in higher education teaching
- Areas of teaching expertise include neurological physiotherapy, orthopaedic physiotherapy (including amputees), clinical education and professional issues
Macquarie University Doctor of Physiotherapy
The Doctor of Physiotherapy at Macquarie is the only three-year, professional-entry physiotherapy program offered in New South Wales.
Program: Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Duration: 3 years
Next available intake: July 2016
Application deadline: Applications are assessed on a rolling admissions basis. The sooner you apply the better!
1. Completion of a bachelor’s degree with about a 65% average or above. This is the minimum academic standing needed to apply and does not guarantee admissions. The starting point to a competitive average would be at least a 70% cumulative average or higher; however, competitiveness changes each year depending on the quality and quantity of each year’s applicants.
2. Prerequisite courses in the following areas:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology (Cell and Systems)
- Research Methods
The courses in the following subject areas are desired, yet not mandatory:
- Exercise physiology
- Motor learning and performance
Once entry requirements for each candidate have been met the following processes occurs:
- Candidates will be ranked on their academic merit based on their highest GPA for any tertiary qualification.
- Secondary level of consideration will be given to students who have completed desired tertiary units of study.
- The highest ranked candidates will be offered a place.