Be part of the most established chiropractic program in Australia
Chiropractors have the privilege of being able to positively impact people’s lives through the provision of natural and non-invasive healthcare methods. They have a deep understanding of the body’s structures and how each interacts to affect our health. Using spinal adjustments, manipulation and other physical means to improve neuromusculoskeletal function, chiropractors can help us live healthy and active lives.
The Bachelor of Chiropractic Science degree at Macquarie University is the longest-running in Australia, and will prepare you for a rewarding career in one of the largest primary health professions. When you combine it with the Master of Chiropractic, you’ll be equipped to work in private practice, chiropractic sports medicine, allied health areas, health insurance assessment, medico-legal advising, work health and safety, rehabilitation and research.
Key Features of the Degree
- This course offers training in a wide range of diagnostic and chiropractic manipulative skills in the context of anatomical, physiological and biomedical sciences.
- It provides the prerequisite academic background to enable you to apply for entry into the Master of Chiropractic, which is required for professional registration.
- The Macquarie Bachelor of Chiropractic Science and Master of Chiropractic were the first professional chiropractic degrees to be offered by a public university in the world.
- You’ll learn how to use a range of diagnostic tools, including patient interviews, physical examination and X-rays.
- Clinical placements form part of the degree, both in university teaching clinics and in structured visits to other facilities.
- You’ll have access to our world-class anatomy labs.
Bachelor of Chiropractic Science
Program: Bachelor of Chiropractic Science
Location: North Ryde, Sydney, New South Wales
Semester intake: February
Duration: 3 years
Application deadline: Rolling admissions. Applications close when the program is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
High school diploma with a minimum of 65% average or higher.
Grade 12 Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics are recommended studies for chiropractic units although introductory units and bridging courses are available for students without this background. Students without Grade 12 Chemistry or Chemistry below Grade 12 will be required to take at least one additional unit at first-year level which will enable them to acquire the above recommended knowledge. Other units taken as part of a degree may require assumed knowledge, prerequisites or recommended studies.