UQ Physiotherapy School applications are now open!
The University of Queensland physiotherapy applications are open for the November 2015 intake via OzTREKK!
The University of Queensland offers a learning environment and has assessment requirements designed to facilitate the advanced and intensive learning appropriate for a master’s-level program. The Master of Physiotherapy Studies introduces graduates to the profession of physiotherapy and its key concepts in intensive mode during an initial summer semester. It focuses on developing core knowledge and skills in the areas of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiorespiratory and physical therapy across the lifespan, and integrates this knowledge and skill and application of clinical reasoning in supervised clinical practice.
Program: Master of Physiotherapy Studies
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Semester intake: November 2015
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: May 29, 2015
There are 10 places available in UQ’s Master of Physiotherapy Studies program each year for international students, including students from Canada. To be eligible to apply, you must have
- completed an undergraduate degree (preferably in the fields of human kinetics/kinesiology or physical or biological sciences);
- have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your university studies; and
- completed the Master of Physiotherapy Studies prerequisite subjects as follows:
- one full year, or two semesters, of human anatomy (including systems and musculoskeletal anatomy); and
- one full year, or two semesters, of human physiology (including systems and integrative physiology); and
- one semester of psychology; and
- one semester of statistics.