University of Western Australia's Doctor of Dental Medicine application deadline
Application deadlines are approaching! And one of them is the University of Western Australia’s Doctor of Dental Medicine program.
The Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) at the University of Western Australia is a four-year, full-time professional degree with a significant research component. Emphasis is placed on the acquisition of relevant knowledge in the basic medical sciences to support the staged development of clinical dental competencies and skills. Early clinical contact is pivotal to the course and students will enter the clinic from the first semester of their study.
Program: Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
Total international spots: 6
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Semester intake: January
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: May 30, 2017; however, candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
To be eligible to apply for the UWA School of Dentistry‘s DMD program, eligible applicants must
- have completed a bachelor degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 out of 7;
- have completed the DAT, GAMSAT or MCAT (123/123/123/123 and an overall minimum of 492).
- be able to attend an in-person interview, which will include successfully completing a spatial awareness component.
The results for these tests will not be used in the final ranking, but will determine if an application proceeds to the final ranking.
In addition, it is recommended that applicants have undertaken the following units/subjects:
- Physics to year 12 level
- Chemistry to first-year university level (including completion of Grade 12 level chemistry)
- Biology or human biology at first-year university level
Test scores will not be considered if the exam results are more than 2 years old. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based equally on DAT/MCAT/GAMSAT and GPA.