About University of Sydney international scholarships
Did you know that when you receive an unconditional offer of admission to the University of Sydney, you are automatically assessed for a scholarship? Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships are up to AUD$40,000 in value and awarded to international students based on academic merit. Here are the details about how you can qualify:
Semester 1, 2018
• Round 1 – November 3, 2017
• Round 2 – January 5, 2018
• Round 3 – January 26, 2018
Semester 2, 2018
• Round 1 – April 6, 2018
• Round 2 – May 4, 2018
• Round 3 – June 8, 2018
Top-ranked applicants will be offered a tuition fee reduction of their first year fees by A$5,000, A$20,000*, or A$40,000.
Tier 1 Scholarships capped at AUD$40,000 toward a recipient’s first year tuition fees for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study at the University of Sydney is open to ALL international students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework full degrees only.
*Tier 2 Scholarships capped at AUD$20,000 toward a recipient’s first year tuition fees for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study at the University of Sydney will only be offered to citizens of selected countries and enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework full degrees only.
Tier 3 Scholarships capped at AUD$5,000 toward a recipient’s first year tuition fees for the enrolled CRICOS registered program of study at the University of Sydney is open to ALL international students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework full degrees only.
Terms and Conditions
- Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the university’s admission requirements
- Only applicants with unconditional offers of admission will be considered;
- Only applicants who are not citizens of Australia and New Zealand nor a permanent resident of Australia will be considered;
- Specifically for tier 2 scholarships, only applicants who are citizens of the nominated country will be considered;
- Students who have already commenced are not eligible.
- Students applying for their second University of Sydney degree will be eligible for the scholarships so long as they have not been recipients of a University of Sydney scholarship in their first University of Sydney degree.
- University of Sydney Foundation Program (USFP) students articulating into full degree University of Sydney CRICOS registered programs will also be eligible for the scholarships and will be assessed similarly to all other direct applicants on the basis of academic merit.
How to Apply
Great news: You won’t need a separate application! All eligible applicants with an unconditional offer by a specified cut-off date will be considered for the scholarships!
- The scholarship will be a one off payment and will cover tuition fees only and no living allowance is payable.
- Tier 3 Scholarship recipients will be eligible to concurrently receive either the Tier 1 or 2 Scholarships. Should this be the case, the $5,000 will be deducted from the Tier 1 and Tier 2 scholarship amounts in order to ensure that the respective caps of AUD $40,000 and AUD $20,000 is not exceeded.
- Must not be in receipt of any other tuition scholarship or sponsorship from the University of Sydney or the Australian Government;
- Must commence study as per the Scholarship offer – deferment to a later semester is not permitted and will result in the forfeiture of the scholarship;
- Will be required to pay for their own airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) and Overseas Student Health Cover each year;
- Are also responsible for paying the balance of tuition fees as applicable each year;
- Are required to enroll as full-time international students and must maintain their international student status on a full-time basis throughout their enrollment at the University of Sydney;
- May not be entitled to a Leave of Absence during the duration of the scholarship, unless it is due to extenuating circumstances which the university will consider on a case by case basis; and
- Will be asked to promote the program in which they are enrolled as well as represent the University of Sydney at student orientation, marketing events and corporate networking events.
The University of Sydney reserves the right to make changes to this Scholarships Program without notice and at its discretion.