OzTREKK Orientation in Australia? Please RSVP!
It’s OzTREKK Orientation time!
We have organized a ton of OzTREKK Orientation for you and any family or friends travelling with you. Most are scheduled just prior to your Australian university orientation! Unfortunately, it’s difficult to be in more than one place at a time—I’ve tried; it didn’t work. But we do our very best to accommodate everyone!
How does OzTREKK Orientation work?
On the first day we’ll get together and have food. This is where you will have the opportunity to meet upper-year students, and then we’ll do a campus tour. There will be days (and, in some instances days and days and days) of OzTREKK Shuttle service where I’ll pick you up, take you for groceries or whatever item you’ve found on Gumtree, and drop you off.
Here are our tentative dates so far—stay tuned for additions and details!
- Bond University – Jan. 13 – Dinner @ 6 p.m.
- Griffith University – Jan. 14 – Dinner @ 6 p.m.
- University of Melbourne – Jan. 16 – Breakfast @ 9 a.m.
- University of Sydney – Jan. 19 – Breakfast @ 9 a.m.
- University of Queensland – Jan. 24 – Breakfast @ 9 a.m.
- James Cook University *Townsville – Feb. 6 – Breakfast
- University of Queensland – Feb. 9 – Lunch @ 12:30 p.m.
- Griffith University – Feb. 11 – Lunch @ 12:30 p.m.
Jaime’s Top 5 Orientation Tips
- Come! It’s a free meal and you will meet a bunch of people. We have focused on various meet-ups this year and they’ve been fairly regional. This will be the first time you see the whole class and you won’t regret it!
- Bring your Costco card. Yes, there are Costcos. Yes, your card works. No, I can’t lend you mine 🙂
- Hold your horses. If you need to get to IKEA, just hold tight and I will not only drive you to IKEA, but I’ll also pick you up with your Billy bookcase and any other Swedish-named furniture. We’ve wrangled king-sized beds in the van before. Easy-peasy.
- Bring your patience. There may be a lot of students, so everyone might not get into the shuttle on the first day, but we’ll coordinate it so you get all your stuff. I love logistics and I will do my best to make it work with your schedule!
- Bring the beats! Last year I heard “Play That Song” by Train approximately 36 times in one day.
Finally, I will give you my number, and if you ever text me, please tell me your first and last name and your program/uni. A “Hi, it’s John” is sometimes hard for me to decipher. 🙂
See you all soon!
Of course, be sure to RSVP! If you’ve misplaced the link to the OzTREKK Orientation RSVP, just send your admissions officer an email!