Monash Medical School admission update
Monash University has added a component to its requirements for those applying to the graduate-entry Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program for the 2015 and 2016 intakes. Applicants must have an undergraduate degree, and it must be a degree with a significant biomedical science component.
OzTREKK has provided information to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash to have Canadian undergraduate degrees assessed for eligibility. Monash is currently reviewing Canadian university bachelor degrees to determine whether they meet the biomedical science component.
So far, the following five degrees have been reviewed as meeting Monash’s biomedical sciences degree requirement for the graduate-entry MBBS:
- Brock University – Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- McMaster University – Bachelor of Health Science in Biomedical Science
- University of Calgary – Bachelor of Health Sciences (Biomedical Sciences)
- University of Guelph – Bachelor of Science (Bio-Medical Science)
- University of Waterloo – Bachelor of Life Sciences (Biomedical Science)
The following four degrees are still under assessment by the faculty at Monash University:
- Ryerson University – Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science
- University of Ottawa – Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- Western University (UWo) – Bachelor of Medical Sciences
- York University – Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
When additional assessments for other Canadian university degrees have been completed, OzTREKK will post these outcomes. If your university program is not yet listed and you have completed biomedical science subjects, you can submit your Monash University application to OzTREKK by the application deadline, and the faculty will assess your undergraduate background as part of the application process.
Please note that the application deadline is Friday, Feb. 14, 2014.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Miss Broghan Dean at OzTREKK (email@example.com)—she’d be happy to help!
Program: Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Location: Gippsland Campus, Churchill, Victoria (approx. 2 hours southeast of Melbourne)
Semester intake: February 2015
Duration: 4 years