Monash International Travel Assistance Grant
To support your arrival to Australia, Monash University is offering all eligible students a one-off payment of $2,000 through the Monash Travel Assistance Grant. To qualify for this grant, you need to have started and continue to be in face-to-face learning on campus by the deadlines outlined below.
If you’re eligible, Monash will let you know how you can access the grant—there is no action you need to take.
To be eligible for this grant, you must
- be an undergraduate, graduate, or research degree student at Monash University
- be an international student currently enrolled in an Australia-based course
- have arrived in Australia from overseas on or after 26 July 2021
- have started and remain in face-to-face learning on campus by the semester one census date 31 March 2022
- have an Australian bank account and Australian address to receive payment (Monash can only pay into an Australian account).
Payment of the Grant
Payment will be made after the semester one census date, in late May 2022 into your Australian bank account. The university will contact all eligible students for their Australian bank details.
Thinking of studying at Monash University?
Monash University has achieved an enviable national and international reputation for research and teaching excellence in a short 50 years. In fact, Monash is ranked in the top 1% of world universities.
As one of Australia’s largest universities, Canadians enjoy the resources and facilities available at Monash University and the diverse international student population on campus.