Melbourne MD application deadline in two weeks
Have you finished your Melbourne Medical School application for the 2017 intake? This is just a reminder to all Melbourne MD candidates that the application deadline is June 23, 2016!
Program: Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Semester intake: February
Duration: 4 years
Application deadline: June 23, 2016
To apply to the Melbourne MD, eligible Canadian applicants must have
- successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at a recognized university;
- completed prerequisite second-year university subjects (one each) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry. Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case-by-case basis; and
- completed the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT).
The selection of eligible international applicants is based on the following:
- Academic record: grade point average (GPA) from a completed three-year (or more) university degree in any discipline (with prerequisites met and studies completed within the last 10 years)
- Test results in an aptitude test, MCAT or GAMSAT: MCAT test results from January 2014 to May 2016 (inclusive) will be accepted for those applying for the 2017 intake. Applicants sitting the MCAT test more than once within this date range may choose which set of scores to include with their application
- Structured multi-mini interview (MMI)