Macquarie Physiotherapy research
Macquarie Physiotherapy Research Goals
Macquarie University Physiotherapy School aims to advance understanding of common neurological, musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory conditions across the lifespan, discover effective strategies for prevention and treatment and translate that knowledge into clinical practice. Research areas include
- neurological rehabilitation (e.g., from stroke, traumatic brain injury);
- promoting physical activity in people with disability;
- prognosis of common musculoskeletal conditions such as neck pain and back pain;
- classification and diagnosis of low back pain;
- clinical neuroscience of pain; and
- patient-centred outcomes.
Macquarie Physiotherapy has a 160-square-metre purpose-built research premises in the Department of Health Professions, which is located in the Macquarie University Hospital precinct. Research facilities include
- neurological assessment and training;
- motor control training (including real-time ultrasound imaging);
- quantitative sensory testing;
- musculoskeletal assessment;
- activity monitoring and analysis; and
- cardiorespiratory analysis.
These facilities are supplemented by access to the state-of-the-art Macquarie University Hospital facilities such as the extensive radiology imaging suite.
The physiotherapy facilities are uniquely positioned for collaborative research with cutting-edge clinicians, researchers in the following Macquarie University centres:
- Australian School of Advanced Medicine (ASAM)
- Macquarie University Hospital
- KIT-Macquarie Brain Research Laboratory
- Australian Hearing Hub
- Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre
- Centre for Emotional Health
Macquarie University Doctor of Physiotherapy Program
Applications for the July 2015 intake are open! Applications will close Friday, February 27, 2015 Australia time, so please have your applications submitted to the OzTREKK office before Thursday, February 26, 2015 to ensure your application is submitted on time.
Program: Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Duration: 3 years
Semester intake: July 2015
Application deadline: February 27, 2015
Apply to the Macquarie University Physiotherapy School!
Ask A Question
Ask us about your program of interest, or if you have a question about our services.
CONTACT US TODAY