JCU Medical School interviews in Canada
Ms Pamela Stronach, Faculty Executive Officer, and Mrs. Sandra Hurlock, Associate Faculty Registrar, will be visiting Canada to conduct interviews for those interested in gaining entry into the JCU Medical School.
With interviews being a part of the application process to the JCU Medical School program, students can complete this application prerequisite in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver. For the 2015 intake, JCU will hold interviews with eligible international applicants from Canada either
- in person in Canada this June; or
- via videoconferencing following the August 29 program application deadline.
Vancouver: Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Calgary: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Toronto: Thursday, June 19 & Friday, June 20, 2014
About the Interviews
An interview is a necessary component of the admission process for entry into the JCU Medical School and it is strongly encouraged that you undertake the interviews for the JCU medical program earlier rather than later.
It is important to note that the majority of those that have been successful in gaining admission in to the medical program at James Cook University have interviewed in person in Canada, with many receiving offers prior to the application deadline. It is recommended that you undertake and participate in the in-person interviews in Canada in June.
To Schedule an Interview
You do not need to submit a complete application at this stage to be considered for an interview; however, you will need to provide OzTREKK with a copy of your official transcript (or interim transcript) to verify your eligibility for an interview.
Entry Requirements for the JCU Medical Program
- High school cumulative average necessary to be considered is a minimum of 85% in Grade 12 subjects, including prerequisite subject grades.
- If you are applying to the program after you have partially or fully completed your post-secondary studies, you should have a Canadian GPA of 80% cumulative average across all university studies, but to have a competitive application, applicants should have achieved at least an 82% cumulative average.
- Interview: held in-person and via video conference