James Cook University Medical School interviews in Canada
If you are interested in JCU Medical School, we are pleased to announce that interviews will be held in Canada this June by Professor Ian Wronski and Mrs. Sandra Hurlock from the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine at JCU.
With interviews being a part of the application process to the JCU Medical School MBBS program, students can complete this application prerequisite in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver. For the 2016 intake, JCU will hold interviews with eligible international applicants from Canada either
- in person in Canada this June; or
- via videoconferencing following the August 31 program application deadline.
Toronto: June 8 & 9, 2015
Calgary: June 10, 2015
Vancouver: June 11, 2015
About the Interviews
An interview is a necessary component of the admission process for entry into the JCU Medical School and it is strongly encouraged that you undertake the interviews earlier rather than later.
It is important to note that the majority of those that have been successful in gaining admission in to the MBBS at James Cook University have interviewed in person in Canada, with many receiving offers prior to the application deadline. It is recommended that you undertake and participate in the in-person interviews in Canada in June.
To Schedule an Interview
Please fill out a James Cook University Medical School meeting request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JCUMBBS2015int
You do not need to submit a complete application at this stage to be considered for an interview; however, you will need to provide OzTREKK with a copy of your official transcript (or interim transcript) to verify your eligibility for an interview.
Entry Requirements for the JCU Medical Program
- Applicants may apply directly from high school, or after having partially or fully completed their university studies.
- Prerequisite subjects include English, Maths B (Calculus and Vectors and Advanced Functions), and Chemistry at a minimum of the Grade 12 level
- If applying directly from high school, applicants need a minimum GPA of 85% from their top 6 courses in Grade 12 (including prerequisite subjects)
- If applying after having partially or fully completed post-secondary studies, applicants need to have a minimum of 80% cumulative GPA to be considered
- Completion of Australian Medical Schools Application Form and JCU Program Specific Form
- Interview: held in person or via video teleconference