Introducing Cohortpay, a new way to transfer your tuition fees
Every year we see an increasing number of students learning ways to save money on their health cover and foreign exchange.
Over the last few years, OzTREKK has been a proud supporter of Cohortpay, an Australian company specializing in international student services. Having met with Cohortpay CEO Mark Fletcher a number of times, we can comfortably attest to the quality of their services and their attention to students. The company is incredibly responsive and our students are treated well—as they should be!
We did a little “test” recently and compared the results to a uni’s wire transfer page. We found that on $10k it was about $200 savings. As that tuition amount increases, it can really add up!
OzTREKK isn’t any getting any referral rewards—we just really think this is one of the best solutions available for our students!
Cohortpay is a secure payment platform designed specifically for students that will save you time and money.
Offering significant savings to more than 600,000 international students enrolled in Australian universities each year, Cohortpay allows students to make tuition payments in their local currency and convert their AUD dollar tuition fees at a significantly lower foreign exchange rate while eliminating extra international money transfer fees from the equation.
Since inception, Cohort Solutions has now assisted approximately 15,000 students from more than 140 different countries, studying at almost all institutions in Australia that offer international education.
The Australian Government has recognised Cohortpay for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in both 2014 and 2015, and in 2015, took 36th place in the top 100 “Fast Starters” list published by the Business Review Weekly (BRW) as one of the youngest and fastest-growing companies in Australia.
How it works
Cohortpay converts your education expenses at foreign exchange rates usually only available to large corporations and they pass these savings on to you. You just need to make a local bank transfer and Cohortpay takes care of your payment from there.
1. Set up your payment
• Home country
• Destination country
• Fee total in Australian dollars (AUD)
2. Customize your payment
• Personal information (student ID, etc.)
• University and program details
• Upload your Letter of Offer
3. Select payment method
Least expensive way is domestic bank transfer (preferred option)
4. Complete the rest of the payment setup
• Identity verification: name, DOB, address, passport number, etc.
• Payment method: Details are provided in your offer letter
• Payer Information: You or another person (parent)
And then… confirm transaction!
5. Go to your bank
Take your payment advice to your Canadian bank and make a CAD wire transfer to Cohortpay using the instructions provided. Keep your receipt!
6. Funds Received email
Within 1–3 days, you will receive a “Funds Received” email. This means that Cohortpay now has your money and will transfer it to the university.
7. Payment confirmation email
When the money is remitted to your uni, you will receive a “Payment Confirmation” email, usually within 3 days*.
8. You’re finished!
Your payment has been made and you’ve saved money!
1. Visit https://ca-ozt.cohortpay.com for your preferred rate, and follow the step-by-step instructions
2. Upload your offer letter
3. Transfer your money to Cohortpay’s bank account
4. Cohortpay will deliver your funds to your Australian university within 2 days*
5. Track your payments online
* Timeframes may vary on your bank, holidays, and other circumstances outside Cohortpay’s control.