How Do I Send My Transcripts?

13 February 2024

So, what’s the best way to send your transcripts? How many should you order? Where do you send them? What if your transcripts aren’t in English?

sydney new south wales
Learn how you can study in Australia

We’re going to answer all your transcripts FAQs!

What is an official transcript?

For a transcript to be considered “official,” it must be sent directly from your high school, college, and/or university (either via snail mail or by email). It can even come from you—as long as it arrives in the original, sealed envelope.

To assess your application, universities must see your official transcripts certified by OzTREKK—a requirement of Australian and New Zealand universities and a part of our agreement with them. It means we have to put our stamp on paper. Literally.

How should I send my transcripts?

By email (preferred method): Your high school, college and/or university can email them to or they can use an official transcript service, like Parchment or MyCreds. When submitting a request for a digital transcript and a password is required, please use OZTREKK1 (all capitals, no spaces). If you have a character limit or need to set an access pin, please use 1234.

By mail (only if unable to send via email): Please order your transcripts to be sent directly to our office from all institutions where you have studied since high school, including any college studies, exchanges, transfer credits, and/or advanced placement (or IB) studies. Please note, some programs also require high school transcripts; if this is the case, your student advisor will let you know.

Send your documents via FedEx or Purolator, especially when you need your documents to arrive at our office ASAP. If you use Canada Post’s courier Xpresspost, please don’t request a signature, as this can add delays.

301–1 Sherbrooke Street East
Perth, ON K7H 1A1 Canada

As soon as your transcript arrives, we’ll let you know!

How many copies do I need to send?

We only require one copy of each transcript, even if you apply to multiple universities or programs. You must submit final transcripts (showing your degree/diploma is completed) from every institution you have attended.

If you have taken any IB or AP studies through your institution, we’ll require a separate transcript from those organizations, too.

What’s the difference between a “completed” transcript and a “final” transcript (and does it matter)?

A completed transcript will show all your completed courses but will be missing a line stating, “Credentials Awarded,” and it won’t show the conferral date.

Final transcripts will show the degree name (e.g., Bachelor of Science) with the conferral date; this is the date recorded on your transcript showing when your degree was officially recognized. They are usually only considered final after your convocation. Yes, it matters, because we’re required to submit official final transcripts.

If you’re still in your last semester of study, we can submit your application with an interim transcript then send the updated final version once it’s available.

What are interim transcripts?

Occasionally, an interim transcript is required. An interim transcript shows academic achievements for your courses in progress.

Some universities/programs will accept interim transcripts and may issue a “conditional offer” with the condition being that you submit your final transcript that indicates you have successfully completed your degree/diploma and have obtained the grades required for entry.

We recommend requesting an interim transcript when you’re in your final semester of your undergraduate program.

My degree isn’t completed yet. What do I do?

If you’re in your last semester, we can sometimes submit your application with an interim transcript (described above), then send the final version once it’s available. This option may not work for all programs, so be sure to chat with your admissions officer.

Be prepared to request a final transcript once it becomes available, usually about 4 – 6 weeks after you have finished your studies.

Why can’t I use unofficial transcripts?

Your entire education history must be supported by official documents, otherwise you could be disqualified for academic dishonesty. That’s why opened transcripts we receive from students cannot be certified as official. Transcripts we receive must come directly from your university, college, or secondary school board so that we can certify them.

If you’ve already arranged for your transcript to be mailed to you, please do not open the envelope once you receive your paper copy in the mail. Just pop the sealed transcript into another envelope and forward it to our office.

If you have opened your transcript, please order another one to be sent directly to our office.

What’s a “grad letter”?

Occasionally, we might ask that you have grad letter from your uni’s registrar’s office sent directly to our office. This is a standard letter that will indicate you’ve met your degree requirements and will show your expected conferral date. So, while you can submit an interim or completed transcript, they won’t show the conferral date. That’s where the grad letter will come in handy.

Don’t worry; your student advisor will let you know if you’re required to submit a grad letter.

What if my transcripts aren’t in English?

Australia’s official language is English. Even though they welcome newcomers from all over the globe, admissions officers need to have English versions of your transcripts for assessment. If your documents are not in English, you must provide full official translation of each document, either prepared by your university or by a registered translator. You must not translate the documents yourself.

Like regular transcripts, OzTREKK must receive the official translation directly from the university or translator, or we cannot certify the document.

Ask your school
Some institutions can provide English transcripts upon request. Check with your high school, school board, or university to see if they can do this for you. If not, you must have your transcripts translated by an official translator.

Using an official translator
The most important thing to remember? Ensure you use a certified/accredited official translator. You can find official translators through International Documents Canada. Here’s how it works:

1. Order your transcript from your educational institution and have them send it directly to your translator. If you’ve had it sent to you first, do not open the envelope. Put it in another envelope and mail it to the translator.

2. If your transcript is being sent digitally, request that the school board/Ministry of Education/registrar email it directly to your translator. It cannot pass through your inbox on the way.

3. The translator receives, translates, and certifies your transcripts as official.

4. The translator sends your translated transcript directly to us either by email or in a sealed envelope containing the certified translation, along with the original transcript.

Updated February 13, 2024

Do you have any questions about transcripts? Let us know! Email your student advisor or, or call 1-866-698-7355. We’re here to help.