Griffith Speech Pathology applications are open!
Griffith Speech Pathology applications are open for the 2016 intake via OzTREKK
The speech pathology program at Griffith University is located in their $150-million purpose-built Griffith Health Centre, which is part of an exciting Health and Knowledge Precinct which also incorporates the new $1.76-billion Gold Coast University Hospital.
Master of Speech Pathology at Griffith
The Griffith Health Centre includes a range of clinics, including a speech pathology clinic where students will work with qualified clinicians to treat patients.
The Master of Speech Pathology is a two-year, full-time program offered at Griffith’s Gold Coast campus.
It encourages personal and professional development through
- a problem-based learning curriculum;
- active learning in small groups; and
- clinical placements that facilitate the integration of theory and practice.
The Master of Speech Pathology program will foster research literacy, enhancing the student’s ability to respond effectively to the changing nature of professional knowledge and practice, and ensuring students have the skills to provide quality services throughout their professional lives.
Program: Master of Speech Pathology
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Semester intake: February
Duration: 2 years
Application deadline: September 30, 2015
To be eligible to apply to the Master of Speech Pathology, applicants must have
- completed an undergraduate degree (not in speech pathology) with a minimum GPA of 5.0. While there are no prerequisite study areas for admission, desirable areas include psychology, health science, public health, medical science, human services, education, and linguistics; and
- a satisfactory performance in an interview with the Program Convenor.
As the number of applicants may exceed the places available, selection for admission is competitive and will be based upon (1) academic merit and (2) interview.