Griffith Medical School scholarship application deadline extended
Have you applied to Griffith Medical School?
The Griffith Medical School is known for its innovation and excellence in medical research and education. Griffith MD students will develop communication skills and learn about the art and science of medicine in its wider social and ethical context. The program comprises extensive clinical placements in health care facilities ranging from rural settings through to the brand new Gold Coast University Hospital.
The Doctor of Medicine program is a four-year graduate-entry program and focuses on four major themes:
1. Doctor and Patient
2. Knowledge of Health and Illness
3. Doctor and Health in the Community
4. Doctor and Law, Ethics and Professional Practice
And, guess what? Griffith offers a scholarship for the Doctor of Medicine program and has extended this deadline to November 30.
Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) Graduate Entry Scholarship in Medicine
For: High-achieving graduates applying for the Doctor of Medicine program at Griffith University
Available to: New students commencing in Trimester 1, 2018
Level of study: Postgraduate
Citizenship: Citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand
Award value and benefits: $5,000 in total (two tuition payments of $2500 each)
Duration: Up to 4 years of study
Program of study: Doctor of Medicine
Applications close: November 30, 2017
Applicants are required to write a personal statement addressing three questions (200 words per question):
- Demonstration your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstration your leadership and teamwork skills. Please also indicate your plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.