Find out why OzTREKK students love Sydney Dental School!
We love it when OzTREKK students excel in their chosen area of study.
We especially love it when our university partners feature them in videos!
Here, two former OzTREKK students, Kyle Schaltz and Bhavisha Thankey, talk about why they are enjoying their time at the Sydney Dental School.
Australia’s first dental school
As Australia’s first dental school, the Sydney Faculty of Dentistry has been training dental practitioners for more than 100 years.
Academics at the Faculty of Dentistry are expert oral health professionals, and researchers are pioneering new dental treatments to improve patient outcomes.
Sydney graduates are caring, think clearly and logically, and possess outstanding clinical and research capabilities. They are engaged and globally aware and have the capability to become leaders in oral health, dentistry and research. By studying at the University of Sydney, you will acquire the patient‑centred, evidence‑based skills required for modern dental practice.
Choosing to study at the Sydney Dental School
What are the benefits of studying at Australia’s first dental school? Let us list them for you! As a Sydney Dental School student, you will
- receive outstanding supervision and teaching from leading dental professionals, researchers and academics;
- commence practice as a dentist upon graduating;
- embark on a journey of intellectual discovery by participating in research into the priority areas of chronic disease management and healthy ageing;
- gain student membership of prestigious, professional associations that provide mentoring, support and advice;
- have access to the Sydney University Dental Association (SUDA), a dynamic student association that unites and leads the student community (many OzTREKKers are members!);
- be part of a faculty that has a commitment to engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities through dental services, oral health education and research in partnership with Aboriginal Medical Services in regional communities!
Need we say more? The University of Sydney is always pleased that a number of students from North America apply for and enroll in the Sydney DMD program on a yearly basis. Sydney Dentistry’s excellent teaching staff and state-of-the-art facilities help to prepare Canadian students to excel in their profession.