Applying to Australian medical schools: when do you need to sit the MCAT?
Are you considering applying to Australian Medical Schools? Then you’ll probably want to write the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The MCAT is administered multiple times from late January through early September, and offered at hundreds of test sites in the United States, Canada, and around the world.
The following graduate-entry medical programs require applicants to sit a medical admission test such as the MCAT:
- Griffith University – Doctor of Medicine
- University of Melbourne – Doctor of Medicine
- UQ – Doctor of Medicine
- Sydney – Doctor of Medicine
Keep the score release dates in mind when you are registering, as you will need to have your MCAT score at the time of application.
All deadlines are at 11:59 PM ET on the day of the deadline.
|Test date||Score release date|
|March 31||May 2|
|April 22||May 23|
|April 28||May 30|
|May 13||June 13|
|May 18||June 20|
|May 19||June 20|
|June 1||July 6|
|June 16||July 18|
|June 17||July 18|
|June 29||Aug. 1|
|June 30||Aug. 1|
|July 21||Aug. 22|
|July 22||Aug. 22|
|July 27||Aug. 29|
|July 28||Aug. 29|
|August 3||Sept. 5|
|August 4||Sept. 5|
|August 11||Sept. 12|
|August 18||Sept. 19|
|August 19||Sept. 19|
|August 24||Sept. 26|
|August 25||Sept. 26|
The first three sections organized around 10 foundational concepts in the sciences (biology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, general chemistry, physics, psychology, sociology). In the Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS) section, students are asked to analyze, evaluate, and apply information provided by passages from a wide range of social sciences and humanities disciplines.
- Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems
- Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems
- Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills
Register to write the MCAT.
If you are in high school, you can still apply to an Australian medical school—and you don’t need to sit the MCAT! The following Australian medical schools offer medical programs that international students may enter directly from high school:
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine
- James Cook University – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Monash University – Bachelor of Medical Science / Doctor of Medicine