OzTREKK Guide to Bachelor Medical Degrees

Every year, we help hundreds of Canadian students choose the right Australian medical school program. Because we understand their admissions requirements and application procedures, we can guide you through the differences between undergraduate streams and graduate streams and outline what you need to know about practicing medicine following graduation.

Practicing in Canada

Each year, OzTREKK hosts its annual Canadian Medical Licensing seminars and webinars, which are exclusive to students who submit their Australian medical school application via OzTREKK. They provide the latest information regarding the accreditation and medical licensing process in Canada, as well as outline options for internships in Australia and other destinations.

OzTREKK Medical Licensing Webinars
We know that pursuing an international medical education means you have questions about what happens after graduation. During the OzTREKK Medical Licensing webinars and seminars, we discuss the following:

  • What is CaRMS?
  • Licensing process in Canada, the US and Australia
  • Pathways to becoming a doctor in Canada, the US and Australia
  • How to apply in Canada, the US and Australia to become a doctor
  • Latest statistics about the Canadian residency match, the US residency match, and the Australian internship placements and residency match
  • Licensing examinations in Canada and the US, what they are, when you need to sit them, and the application process
  • Latest news related to licensing and accreditation from the various forms of government and medical bodies in Canada, the US and Australia
  • and more!

Related FAQsHave a question?

Do I need to sit an admissions test for a bachelor medical degree?

Dependent upon university. Undergraduate medical degrees in Australia do not require the MCAT. The undergraduate-entry medical programs at Monash and UWA do require the International Student Admission Test (ISAT).

Are my grades competitive for a bachelor medical degree?

Eligible candidates must have an a high school diploma with an overall average of approximately 90%. This varies by university. Check the individual universities listed on this page for details.