Upcoming OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars
This May, OzTREKK will be hosting medical licensing seminars!
Deciding to study medicine at an Australian Medical School is a huge decision, one that affects both the student and his or her family. OzTREKK wants to ensure our Canadian student applicants have the most up-to-date knowledge about their options to practice medicine following graduation from an Australian Medical School.
Whether you would like to come back to Canada or the U.S. to practice medicine or remain in Australia, those who attend our OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars learn about the avenues to practice medicine. As you may know, it can be difficult to gain straightforward information about your licensing options following graduation. OzTREKK is an expert in medical licensing and accreditation, and we are proud to provide you with all the latest information, data, and statistics so you can make an informed decision about whether studying medicine in Australia is the best option for you.
Important topics covered at the seminars
- The Australian Medical School systems and structure
- Australian Medical School rankings
- Medical degree titles such as MD and MBBS
- Medical school rotations in Canada
- Coming back to Canada to practice medicine
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), MCCQE1 and MCCQE2
- The Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) program and rates
- Provincially specific programs available to international medical graduates
- The Australian Internship and Residency Program
OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars Schedule
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Time: 4 – 7 p.m.
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015
Time: 3 – 6 p.m.
How can I attend?
Attendance is via invitation only. Only those students who submit an Australian Medical School application via OzTREKK are invited to the Annual OzTREKK Medical Licensing Seminars. Family members of the medical school applicants are also welcome to attend the seminars.
Students and their families will have the opportunity to ask questions about studying medicine in Australia and about obtaining a residency after their program completion. These seminars help parents and students walk away with all the necessary information to help them make a decision about studying at an Australian Medical School.
Apply to an Australian Medical School
- Apply to Griffith University Medical School
- Apply to James Cook University Medical School
- Apply to Monash University Medical School
- Apply to the University of Melbourne Medical School
- Apply to the University of Queensland Medical School
- Apply to the University of Sydney Medical School
Looking forward to seeing you there!