Sydney Business School scholarships available
Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarships
The University of Sydney Business School is offering up to 20 scholarships for local and international students undertaking one of the eligible single master’s postgraduate coursework programs offered in semester 1, 2015. The scholarships are awarded on merit to the most outstanding applicant against the following selection criteria of academic achievement, leadership, ambassadorial potential and motivation to succeed in business in a socially responsible way. The scholarships will cover 50% of the tuition fees for up to 16 units of study, pending degree duration.
Semester 1, 2015 applications deadline: January 15, 2015
Sydney Business School is currently taking applications from students who will be commencing one of the eligible master’s degrees in semester 1, 2015.
Only candidates who are expected to commence study in one of the following degrees in semester 1, 2015 may apply for the Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- Master of International Business
- Master of Logistics Management
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Transport Management
- Master of Management
- Master of Management (CEMS)
The scholarship covers 50% tuition fees and is tenable for 1.5 to 2 years full-time study. The tuition fee will be cleared following census dates (March 31 and August 31). The scholarship does not include airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) or Overseas Student Health Cover each year.
The scholarship is competitive, by application and awarded on merit to the most outstanding applicant assessed against the following four selection criteria:
- Prior academic achievement, which must include a prior university degree with an Australian-equivalent average of at least 75%
- Leadership capability, with the successful applicant being required to demonstrate outstanding leadership potential in the business domain
- Ambassadorial potential, including outstanding public and professional communication skills
- Motivation to succeed in business in a socially responsible way by demonstrating a commitment to applying the learning offered in the chosen master’s program to making a positive difference to professional life and business practice
Applicants are required to submit an application addressing each of the above criteria, including certified details of prior academic results. Applicant performance against these criteria is assessed by a committee from Management Education chaired by the Associate Dean, Management Education. The committee nominates individual applicants on the basis of their application submitted. The committee will recommend the nominees for the award to the Associate Dean, Postgraduate Coursework for approval.