Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship
What does the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship cover?
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a partial scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, the amount is varied up to AUD$10,000 and it will be awarded towards the commencement fee or reimbursed if fees already paid.
Priority areas: Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships do not provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study. This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Who can apply?
- have citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand;
- have met the university’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline);
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications;
- have enrolled in a program that is longer than one session in duration;
- commence study in session and year indicated in the scholarship offer letter;
- have enrolled in a full-time study load; and
- commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of scholarship. Commencement may not be deferred.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Undergraduate
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Postgraduate
Please note that applicants can only receive one scholarship.
Applicants applying for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship will not be required to submit a referee’s report or a statement of purpose. Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What are the key dates?
|Session||Application Deadline||Outcome Advised|
|Session 1, 2015||31 January 2015||Every 2 weeks|
|Session 2, 2015||30 June 2015||Every 2 weeks|