Sydney Achievers International Scholarship
The Sydney Achievers International Scholarships are for new international students commencing at the University of Sydney in Semester 2, 2014.
Sydney Achievers International Scholarships are designed to attract high-achieving, academically meritorious, international students and invite them to enjoy the Sydney experience at Australia’s oldest institution of higher education. Successful candidates will receive AUD $10,000 each per annum for the normal duration of the course, provided certain conditions are met.
The University of Sydney will assess applications based on the entry criteria as summarised below:
- Applicants must have received a Firm Offer of Admission for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework courses for Semester 2, 2014
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the university with outstanding results, as deemed by the University of Sydney;
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible; and
- Students who have already commenced/completed university studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
- To be considered for the Sydney Achievers International Scholarship, a candidate must receive a Firm Offer of Admission. Applicants receiving a Firm Offer of Admission for Semester 2, 2014 will be invited to lodge an Expression of Interest from May 2014. The closing date for the EOI form is Friday, June 13, 2014 (except for CET and Foundation Programmes applicants).
- Successful candidates will be notified by email in June and July.
Does the University of Sydney really give away these scholarships? Yes! Check out OzTREKK Sydney Dental School students win scholarships!—where two OzTREKK students were recipients of the Sydney Achievers International Scholarship!